Monday, November 14, 2011

The Beads Were Having A Party

I started making beads about 3:30 yesterday afternoon and finished about 4:00am. Of course I took several breaks for dinner, snacks (chocolate), and to lie on the floor to stretch out my aching back.  But I was on a roll and it was going well. I kept thinking of new color combinations and designs I wanted to try.  Right before I sat down at the computer to write this I went out to my workshop (garage) hoping to take my new treasures out of the kiln and see what I got but they were still a bit too hot to remove. I did sneak a pike and a photo though.


I used a new mandrel rack my husband, Jim, built for me for the first time.  It worked great! I could get a lot more mandrels into the space. When I peeked in the kiln there were so many beads it looked like the beads were having a party. Unfortunately it was to hot for me to attend, another couple hours of cooling I think before I can join in.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them! Be sure to get some sleep before this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try Pam, but I never seem to get much sleep before a show. I can't seem to turn my brain off, it just keeps coming up with more things I should do.

    ReplyDelete